a list of resource links by diagnosis
As a parent on this crazy, sometimes frantic, sometimes painfully slow journey, I have often wished I had access to a simple base of information. Good information. True information. Information fellow moms have used to help understand and explain. This is an attempt to get you started. Certainly leave a comment if you have a link you’d like to add from your own experience.
Any and Every diagnosis
- Wrightslaw Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities
- Social Stories photos: www.do2learn.com
- the Arrowsmith Program for cognitive and learning dysfunction The Arrowsmith Program identifies, intervenes, and strengthens the weak cognitive capacities that affect learning. [It] is suitable for students across the broad spectrum of mild to severe learning problems. [The] program has proven effective for students having difficulty with reading, writing and mathematics, comprehension, logical reasoning, problem solving, visual and auditory memory, non-verbal learning, attention, processing speed and dyslexia.
- Tony Attwood – What is Asperger’s?
- A great little site that puts things simply
- Better Health Channel
Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- the CAS Association of North America (CASANA)
- the Speech-EZ Apraxia Program through Foundations Developmental House
- the Kaufman Children’s Center in Detroit, MI